Thursday, April 21, 2011

To Analyze is to Paralyze

Hello, fellow bloggers!  Let me welcome you to my first blog posting.

First, I should tell you what has inspired me to start blogging, which is my recent decision to up-root myself, by boyfriend and our two dogs from Chicago to St. Thomas USVI.  That's right.  We're leaving our big city life and trading it in for the island life.  Yes, I'm off to warm weather, beaches, sailing, hiking....paradise.  Next month we're looking forward to moving into our house in St. Thomas, not far from the beach. 

Of course, this decision wasn't made overnight.  I've spent years thinking about such a move and discussing all the pluses and minuses to making this type of an abrupt change in my life.  I've had a laundry list of worries and concerns about leaving my job, my condo, my friends, my family.  Afterall, I've spent 10 years building a life for myself in Chicago.  I love this town.   Then there's the worries about life down on the island, including hurricanes, wind storms, earthquakes, endless misquito bites, getting a new job, running out of water, having the electricity shut down at any given moment and whatever else I'm unaware of.  It's overwhelming. 

In fact, it's overwhelming enough that if I thought about this decision too much longer, I may never do it.  I may spend the rest of my life thinking about it, worrying about it and trying to figure out how to make it happen.  Ultimately, like so many things I tend to over analyze, I don't think I would have ever taken the plunge.   

Ah, so this brings us to the theme of this posting and this blog.  I found that the hardest part of this decision is simply making the decision, getting over the analysis so I can move forward with the rest of my life!  I've commited to making this move, and I will accept whatever this adventure brings my way.  So, stay tuned for the rest of all the challenges, frustrations, excitement and joy this next chapter in my life brings my way!
   

2 comments:

  1. Christine...all of us are jealous! You will have an amazing time there. Cant wait to visit in the fall when its nice and cold here in chicago! Love Ya...Wito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point Christine...so many things I've been wanting to do that I over-analyze to death. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete